Today is national day of prayer. I hope you can set aside some time to focus on praying for our nation. Here are some thoughts related to prayer and evangelism.
First, before you speak to others about God, speak to God about others.
Second, a question: if every person who doesn’t know Jesus for whom you have prayed over the last week got saved today, how many people would that be? Are we praying for the lost to come to Christ?
Third, here are specific things you can pray for the lost:
(1) Ask God to open their spiritual eyes (2 Cor 4:4).
(2) Ask God to give them ears to hear (Matt 13:15), faith to believe (Acts 20:21), and a will to respond (Rom 10:9).
(3) Ask God to send people into their lives to witness to them (Matt 9:38).
(4) Ask God for ways to build caring relationships (1 Cor 9:22).
(5) Ask God for an opportunity to invite them to an event where the gospel is shared (Luke 14:23).