I’ve been pretty overwhelmed at the response to the Sharing Jesus WIthout Freaking Out book from pastors, college and student leaders, and believers. I’ve received testimonies of people winning others to Christ for the first time and introverts gaining confidence to share Jesus.
This week I’m in Eugene, Oregon, with the Northwest Baptist Convention. This afternoon I’m teaching two breakouts on my book. The good folks here asked me to create a one page short-list for teaching the book. B & H Academic provided fantastic tools to do this with the eight-week journey in the back of the book and the landing page.
Here is the sheet I produced for them. Perhaps it will help others.
Teaching the Sharing Jesus Without Freaking Out Book
Pastors and leaders: here’s a quick overview of how to teach this book and to encourage your flock in sharing Jesus. The response to this book has been amazing, with scores of testimonies (including many introverts!) of believers becoming more confident in their witness. I pray you will find this a blessing to your ministry.
First, go to www.sharingJesusbook.com and become familiar with the site. There are free resources including 8 training videos (1 per week), a promo video, & role-playing.
A quick overview: the book is divided into 8 short chapters with 8 principles. The focus is encouraging in tone, showing the reader how to share Christ in everyday conversations. “Evangelism the way you were born to do it,” as the subtitle says.
At the end is an 8-week journey. Most teach it as follows:
- Set up an 8-week teaching schedule at the best time for your people.
- Show the Promo Video prior to beginning the study.
- Get a copy of the book for every person. NOTE: If you order the book from Lifeway, any order of 20 or more drops the price at checkout to $5.00 each! Encourage each person to read the chapter for that week and to come ready to learn.
- Show the video from the website (with Doc Reid teaching to a live audience, each about 20-25 minutes).
- Facilitate discussion based on the chapter and reading (questions in the back can help). Encourage participants to commit to the 8-Week Challenge.
- Encourage testimonies weekly of participants who speak to others about Jesus.
- The last week has specific helps for developing a lifestyle of living out the gospel. Encourage participants to see the training as the starting of a lifestyle not as a box to check.
Participants can also go to www.alvinreid.com or Doc Alvin Reid’s youtube channel for more helpful information.